HMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMP

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview

Go down 
+4
leafsfan54
KillTheRock
HockeyMediaPlus
pond11
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pond11
OSHL Member
pond11

Plus/Minus : 4

Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview Empty
PostSubject: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:13 am

Toronto Maple Leafs '10-11 Preview

After the ’09-10 NHL Season, most Leaf fans are ready to forget about a mess of a year that saw half the team traded and their “#1” goaltender chased by NHL snipers all the way to Sweden. GM Brian Burke does not enjoy losing and appears to be doing all he can to build a team capable of ending this long playoff absence.

Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview Toskala

The expendables include; Blake, Vesa “197 ft” Toskala, Stajan, White, Ponikarovsky, Hagman, Mayers, Stalberg and many more. In are Kessel, Versteeg, Caputi, Bozak, Armstrong, Phaneuf, Giguere, and Gustavsson. A new team seems to be on the horizon, yet the young Buds still have a great deal of work to do before gaining the respect that the fans feel their team deserves.

Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview New+Leafs+captain+Dion+Phaneuf+is+determined+to+return+the+team+to+post-season+glory

There are a few stories to pay attention to going in to the ’10-11 Season. Dion Phaneuf is now the team captain and will be looking to make a statement with the “C” on his sweater. In fact, the entire Leafs defense group has a lot to prove now that they are healthy and have a solid pair of goaltenders behind them. After the January blockbusters, the “KBK” line seemed to find some chemistry as the Leafs’ #1 line, giving the fans some hope for the future.

(See the rest of KesselySnipes videos, trust me)

If the Leafs can build off their strong play in the 2nd half and their new players adapt well in Toronto, this young team could surprise some people in ’10-11. However with such inexperience up front, it could also be another long one in Toronto. Depending on how the Kaberle saga unfolds, Toronto’s roster could potentially look something like this:

Nikolai Kulemin – Tyler Bozak – Phil Kessel
Kris Versteeg – Nazem Kadri – Mikhail Grabovski
Fredrik Sjostrom – Christian Hanson – Colby Armstrong
Mike Brown – John Mitchell – Colton Orr
*Luca Caputi, Marcel Mueller, Jerry D'amigo

Dion Phaneuf – Francois Beauchemin
Tomas Kaberle – Mike Komisarek
Luke Schenn – Carl Gunnarson
*Brett Lebda, Jeff Finger, Keith Aulie

J.S. Giguere
Jonas Gustavsson
*Jussi Rynnas

Last edited by pond11 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
HockeyMediaPlus

Plus/Minus : 17

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 am

Good job! Welcome to the league. We only need 5 more teams now!

When are you picking up NHL 11?
Back to top Go down
https://hmpsounds.forumotion.com
pond11
OSHL Member
pond11

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:30 am

Oh as soon as possible... When do you plan on starting the league?
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 am

pond11 wrote:

I will start it within a week or 2 of NHL 11 being released..

I don't know though. I may have a poll asking the league members to vote on when we want to start.

We could start a week or 2 after the game is out in September, or we can start after the 1st roster update is included after the rookies make their debut in early October..

What do you think we should do?
Back to top Go down
KillTheRock

KillTheRock

Plus/Minus : 2

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:34 am

Nice preview!
Back to top Go down
pond11
OSHL Member
pond11

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:40 am

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
pond11 wrote:

I don't know though. I may have a poll asking the league members to vote on when we want to start.

We could start a week or 2 after the game is out in September, or we can start after the 1st roster update is included after the rookies make their debut in early October..

Yeah a week or 2 sounds fine, but I was thinking about the roster update. It would be tough to start such a long league with an outdated roster, especially teams like EDM and TOR. On the other hand I don't know Cool lol.
Back to top Go down
pond11
OSHL Member
pond11

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 am

KillTheRock wrote:
Nice preview!

Thanks yours too!
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:46 am

pond11 wrote:
HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
pond11 wrote:

Yeah a week or 2 sounds fine, but I was thinking about the roster update. It would be tough to start such a long league with an outdated roster, especially teams like EDM and TOR. On the other hand I don't know Cool lol.

It depends. Are people going to want to wait until October?

Also another thing you have to factor is that in the 1st month, there are going to be a lot of bugs and freezing issues. So it may be best to wait until a week or 2 after the season starts in early October.

Also, we could use the month of September as a "pre-season" Everyone can kind of get the feel of the game, play against each other etc etc..

Then once the roster update with the new rookies rolls around (Usually it is early to mid October, we can start.

Obviously, people do not like to wait, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Back to top Go down
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

Plus/Minus : 7

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:03 am

Great Preview!

and yes we should wait for rookies who will make the team to be on the roster

edit: its Jussi Rynnas not Jonas

Last edited by leafsfan54 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

Plus/Minus : 1

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:10 pm

i think we shud wait till october
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

Plus/Minus : 5

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Like this waiting idea... altough I'm impatient this means people can get in their ultimate team fix
Back to top Go down
TomCobain
OSHL Member
TomCobain

Plus/Minus : 6

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 am

Nice post!

This year the Leafs line-up is actually a top 6 bottom 6, while last year it looked to me as top 3 bottom 9 ^^.

However I am also on the side of those, who want to wait, if rookies make the NHL team, so this would lead to a league start after the 1st roster update in early october.
Back to top Go down
pond11
OSHL Member
pond11

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 am

Ok glad people agree with the October start date.

Also I guess Kaberle will be a leaf again after all... unless he waives!
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 5:41 am

hey pond11. I still have your spot reserved. However, I need to know when you are going to get your ps3 fixed so you can begin your games.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 pm

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
hey pond11. I still have your spot reserved. However, I need to know when you are going to get your ps3 fixed so you can begin your games.

Thanks.

Yeah I talked to him hes not sure how soon it'll be done so you can do as you wish
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:51 am

Enceladus-strike wrote:
HockeyMediaPlus wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah I talked to him hes not sure how soon it'll be done so you can do as you wish

Well I am sorry to say this but it looks like I may have to have him replaced.
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:28 am

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
Enceladus-strike wrote:
HockeyMediaPlus wrote:

Thanks.

Well I am sorry to say this but it looks like I may have to have him replaced.

ok

Last edited by Enceladus-strike on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
juuti973

Plus/Minus : 0

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:55 am

when i can start playing games? i cant wait..
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:57 am

juuti973 wrote:

You can start playing games right now. As long as you go into the league and follow the schedule. Add people to your list, and set up times to play etc etc.
Back to top Go down
juuti973

Plus/Minus : 0

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:43 am

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
juuti973 wrote:

You can start playing games right now. As long as you go into the league and follow the schedule. Add people to your list, and set up times to play etc etc.

i must stop playing that league because my net not working anymore, i dont understant why
i try fix that but nothing not working good.. i am realy sorry... i cant do anything that broblem....
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:17 am

In this case I must note that pond will still be looking for a spot after all, but his ps3 is in the hands of incompetent big-box store employees atm, stand by
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 am

Enceladus-strike wrote:
In this case I must note that pond will still be looking for a spot after all, but his ps3 is in the hands of incompetent big-box store employees atm, stand by

ok but i cant give him the leafs
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

Plus/Minus : 1

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:03 am

did u change my record hmp? i was disconected vs edmonton and that game shouldnt count
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 am

cdawg154 wrote:
did u change my record hmp? i was disconected vs edmonton and that game shouldnt count

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview   Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview Empty

Back to top Go down

Toronto Maple Leafs Season Preview
Page 1 of 1