HMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMP

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!

Go down 
+5
Enceladus-strike
DJackson00
M-y-K-e-A-l
leafsfan54
HockeyMediaPlus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
HockeyMediaPlus

Plus/Minus : 17

OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  Empty
PostSubject: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:10 am

Hello fellow OSHL members. It has come to my attention that not many games are being played lately. I realize that a roster update has just gone out so I have resent everyone new OSHL league tracker invites.

I want to know what you guys think about starting the playoffs soon and just picking the active members to make it to the post season. Ideally, I would like everyone to finish the season but that doesn't really look like a realistic possibility.

The teams that make the playoffs will be the players who played a lot of games and did not use cheesy tactics. Guys like Cdawg154 will NOT make the playoffs and will not be invited back for future leagues. Guys who barely played will also NOT be invited back.

Let me know what you think. I might have to re configure everything to make the playoffs work. I just need to know what you guys think and how long you want to go before the playoffs start.

I am thinking about maybe having an NFL type style playoffs. Let me know what you think.

If I started the playoffs now, the top 2 teams based on points percentage in each conference would get a "bye" (division leaders get 1st priority).

There would be 4 rounds to the playoffs. The 1st round would be the "wildcard round" where the lower seeded teams would play the non bye teams. The winners of that series would go onto round 2which is the "division round". The 3rd round would be the conference championship and the 4th round would be the Stanley Cup Finals.

Initial seeding based on the standings, games played, points percentage, and sportsmanship would be:

Eliminated from playoffs

Sharks (inactivity)
Blue Jackets (inactivity)
Wild (quitting league)
Penguins (unsportsmanlike conduct)

Final seeding

Campbell Conference

1. Vancouver Canucks (Leafsfan54) [1st round bye and home ice advantage]
2. Chicago Blackhawks (PhatrlckCokane) [1st round bye]
3. Edmonton Oilers (DJackson00)
4. Detroit Red Wings (Original6ix)
5. Los Angeles Kings (Cobes)
6. Philadelphia Flyers (Gauthier) [Moved to this conference to this work]

Wales Conference

1. Boston Bruins (Enceledus-Strike) [1st round bye and conference home ice)
2. Washington Capitals (Kingofgaming) [1st round bye]
3. Montral Canadiens (Tkup12)
4. New York Rangers (magicshakur)
5. Tampa Bay Lightning (This-is-the-year)
6. New Jersey Devils (vaughn126)

2010-11 OSHL Playoffs

Campbell Conference

Wild Card Series Round 1
[7 game series; 2-2-1-1-1 format]
(6) Philadelphia Flyers @ (3) Edmonton Oilers
(5) Los Angeles Kings @ (4) Detroit Red Wings

Division Series Round 2
Worst seed @ (1) Vancouver Canucks
2nd worst seed @ (2) Chicago Blackhawks

Conference Championship Round 3
TBA

Stanley Cup Finals [7 game series; 2-2-1-1-1 format]
Wales Conference Champs @ Campbell Conference Champs

Wales Conference

Wild Card Series Round 1 [7 game series; 2-2-1-1-1 format]
(6) New Jersey Devils @ (3) Montreal Canadiens
(5) Tampa Bay Lightning @ (4) New York Rangers

Division Series Round 2
Worst seed @ (1) Boston Bruins
2nd worst seed @ (2) Washington Capitals

Conference Championship Round 3
TBA

Last edited by HockeyMediaPlus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hmpsounds.forumotion.com
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

Plus/Minus : 7

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 am

i was recently thinking about suggesting this, its a good idea, give the inactive people a stern warning as its them why i and others cant play anymore games, like a last chance

maybe this should start the coming friday if they dont "get the message" of the warning
Back to top Go down
M-y-K-e-A-l

Plus/Minus : 0

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm

yeah that sounds good to the remaining players involved, seems fair
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:05 pm

M-y-K-e-A-l wrote:
yeah that sounds good to the remaining players involved, seems fair

What happened to you man? Where'd you go and why'd you quit?
Back to top Go down
DJackson00

DJackson00

Plus/Minus : 0

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm

if the the game gose to a shootout what do we do ?
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:31 pm

DJackson00 wrote:
if the the game gose to a shootout what do we do ?

You quit and start a new game which would be the sudden death OT. Just keep playing those periods until someone scores. (Continuous OT)

I will keep track of what happens. Just keep me in the loop.
Back to top Go down
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 pm

i dont really like the thought of when the game goes to a shootout we quit because the momentum or intimidation has too big an effect and the game could turn because of that

im not saying the games should be decided by a shootout but just a thought

also since i have a bye, whomever my opponent is message me on ps3 when its decided that you'll face me so i can be ready
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:18 pm

leafsfan54 wrote:
i dont really like the thought of when the game goes to a shootout we quit because the momentum or intimidation has too big an effect and the game could turn because of that

also since i have a bye, whomever my opponent is message me on ps3 when its decided that you'll face me so i can be ready

Yeah well there is not much I can do about that.
Back to top Go down
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
leafsfan54 wrote:

i have a thought, whomever scored the last goal before OT has the other guy pull his goalie and give the guy a goal on a free net then start the rest of the OT to keep in line the momentum, and if there was a 0-0 game, OT will just be played

again just a thought
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

Plus/Minus : 5

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:47 pm

leafsfan54 wrote:
HockeyMediaPlus wrote:
leafsfan54 wrote:

i have a thought, whomever scored the last goal before OT has the other guy pull his goalie and give the guy a goal on a free net then start the rest of the OT to keep in line the momentum, and if there was a 0-0 game, OT will just be played

again just a thought

Its a neat idea but IMHO its a bit much, I've never done that in my other leagues, and once we start a new game its not like either player has an advantage. I don't know i just don't think its worth it.
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

Plus/Minus : 1

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 pm

what did i do wrong? am i out of this league? because nobody even told me i was doing anything wrong so i dont think its fair to kick me out without a warning
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 pm

cdawg154 wrote:
what did i do wrong? am i out of this league? because nobody even told me i was doing anything wrong so i dont think its fair to kick me out without a warning

1. Quitting

2. Playing keep away with the lead - which someone pointed out on this site

sorry but if jeuvenile stuff like that is tolerated, I'm out. Plus I think a warning was posted here many weeks back.
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 pm

i only quit like twice and that was to prevent me from throwing my ps3 controller from retarted goals. i never even remember of playing keep away ever. if i did, it was prob the last 20 sec of game to secure my win, and that is hockey
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 am

cdawg154 wrote:
i only quit like twice and that was to prevent me from throwing my ps3 controller from retarted goals. i never even remember of playing keep away ever. if i did, it was prob the last 20 sec of game to secure my win, and that is hockey

I can only address the quitting - its unsportsmanlike. I get beat, even real bad, but I'm not gonna quit, especially in a league where the whole purpose is to avoid that shit. If you want to go 100-0 go play online vs. This was a league for some friendly competitive hockey where people don't pull childish shit like glitch goals, etc. If you can't handle when things don't go your way, or can't stomach being shut down by an opposing player every once in a while then leave, because it happens to all of us, even the best. Its not like you were starved for points man.

Last edited by Enceladus-strike on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:14 am

cdawg154 wrote:

Playing keep away in EASHL 6 vs 6 game is legit but doing it in online versus is exploiting a known A.I flaw since the computers don't forecheck properly.

Last edited by HockeyMediaPlus on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 am

im pretty sure ive never played keep away ever. can i maybe one more chance and if i quit or do "keep away" then u can kick me out? i only quit a few times in the beginning too and not recently
Back to top Go down
original6ix
OSHL Member
original6ix

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 am

cdawg154 wrote:
im pretty sure ive never played keep away ever. can i maybe one more chance and if i quit or do "keep away" then u can kick me out? i only quit a few times in the beginning too and not recently

you played keep away against me funny how you forget and you were warned for it as i brought it to the attention to the league members because its cheese. dont sit there like and angel when you know you do it and have done it. not to mention the quitting thats crap as well and good to hear your gone mess up once fine but once your warned and you pull crap again, bye bye.
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:20 am

It's a tough decision but it's the right decision based on member feedback and for the future of the NHL leagues.

I am planning on having a season 2 later this year or in NHL 12. Obviously, we have to get the playoffs completed first.

I am going to send you guys playoff invites tomorrow and we can then start organizing our matchups.
Back to top Go down
TomCobain
OSHL Member
TomCobain

Plus/Minus : 6

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 am

I'm OK with that, but I still have games to play that could actually get played bc it would be against active members. Also I had bad luck with guys just about to leave or me being in a hurry so I couldn't play.

All in all let's get the playoffs started and start a new league afterwards, that involves only the legit and active guys.

I can't testify, if cdawg played keep away, but if he did it is NOT good at all.
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 am

i still deny playing keep away ever. i admit i did quit though a few times in the start of the league. what i dont understand is why u didnt kick me out then and waited until now? if u kept me in the league until now and i didnt do anything since the beginning, i dont think its fair to kick me out. also about the cheesy playing, i think phatrick u should have played me to see if how i played was "cheesy."
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 pm

cdawg154 wrote:
i still deny playing keep away ever. i admit i did quit though a few times in the start of the league. what i dont understand is why u didnt kick me out then and waited until now? if u kept me in the league until now and i didnt do anything since the beginning, i dont think its fair to kick me out. also about the cheesy playing, i think phatrick u should have played me to see if how i played was "cheesy."

When originalsix first came forward with the complaint, Patrick said and I quote, "I am going to issue a warning to cdawg154. If another incident occurs, then I will take further action. This is his last chance though. The next time something like this happens, I will most likely have to have him kicked." Nov 26.

From then on your name had a big title in parenthesis saying warned for cheesy play.

Then on Dec. 21 (which lets face it was near the end of the season because activity dropped significantly in the last month) you quit on me after i went up 3-0. You had ample warning. We ALL know quitting is a big no-no. Its not even like we play with 10 min periods. But you quit anyways. You even invited me for our 4th game afterwards. I laughed and shook my head.

In fact, I gave you shit about diving (l1+r1) all over the ice in desperation in our game 2 for obvious reasons... its childish. Then you chirped me back that the game made a mistake and that one of my goals was not legit, it was kicked in... Sorry no offence but what gives?
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 pm

that still doesnt answer my question: why wud i not be kicked out earlier? i dont like the fact that i was still in the league and being kicked out now after many other league games i have played without a problem. i also didnt receive any legitt warning
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm

cdawg154 wrote:
that still doesnt answer my question: why wud i not be kicked out earlier? i dont like the fact that i was still in the league and being kicked out now after many other league games i have played without a problem. i also didnt receive any legitt warning

Well this isn't my league obv its patricks decision.
Back to top Go down
TKup12
OSHL Member
TKup12

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:36 pm

this all sounds good... vaughn sent me a msg for games so once this is all confirmed to go we will get our series going.

cdawg wanna play a game of wraparound 11?
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 pm

TKup12 wrote:
this all sounds good... vaughn sent me a msg for games so once this is all confirmed to go we will get our series going.

cdawg wanna play a game of wraparound 11?

sure, how do u play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!    OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!  Empty

Back to top Go down

OSHL Playoffs: Please READ!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next