HMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMP

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW Ideas: Please Read

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
HockeyMediaPlus

Plus/Minus : 17

NEW Ideas: Please Read Empty
PostSubject: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 pm

I have been thinking things over and I have some more ideas for the league. I want to hear your feedback.

1. Some type of salary cap structure - Players would be given a value based on their overall. a 90 or above would be valued at say 5 points, 85-89 would be 4, 80-84 3 points and etc etc etc etc...

The reason for behind this is trading. With a value on player, it would make trading more strategic. You wouldn't just be able to trade anyone and be friendly. You might have to trade 1 superstar to get under the cap, but you get a couple good players in return..

It would make it more realistic. Obviously I know there might be some against this, but I want to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas first

2. Leaguedaddy. RRhoads, the co-commish has expressed to me that leaguedaddy is a good idea. I agree with him. The site is very user friendly for these types of leagues and is visually appeasing. However, I am cash strapped right now with college tuition, books, etc etc. He has offered to pay, but I do not want to take advantage of him.

Thoughts?

3. Waiting until early to mid October to officially begin the season
- I want to do this for many reasons. The main one is that the new rookies will not be available until they play their first NHL games. After that, we will get updated rosters around early to mid October.

It is a long wait, but in the long run well worth it. Also, we can use September to get used to the game, preseason, etc etc.. Basically use September as your "free time"

4. Consolation playoff for those who miss the regular playoffs
- I have decided that no matter what, the regular season will matter. Even if you finish in last, you will still compete in some sort of playoff at the end of the season. It is called sportsmanship. I want to encourage competitiveness, but I also want to encourage fairness and sportsmanship. I do not want members to get discouraged if they start to struggle. Everyone wants to win but someone has got to lose.

5. If you have any other thoughts or ideas, let me know.

Last edited by HockeyMediaPlus on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hmpsounds.forumotion.com
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

Plus/Minus : 7

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:15 pm

1. Im personally nervous about this one because the devs may be to generous to the Canucks attribute wise and i may have to trade some good players to get under the cap

2.Sounds good

3.Sounds good

4.lol this was my idea Very Happy, Sounds good

5.Maybe the team that has the highest initial cap hit should have that hit set as the limit for the league
Back to top Go down
RRhoads

RRhoads

Plus/Minus : 11

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:42 pm

1-4 sounds good to me.

5. I got something regarding salary cap in my head, but I need to write it down. I don't have time to do it now, but I will present my idea tomorrow. I also got some other cool ideas. Here are some hints..

Waiver draft. Protected players. End of season.
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

RRhoads wrote:
1-4 sounds good to me.

5. I got something regarding salary cap in my head, but I need to write it down. I don't have time to do it now, but I will present my idea tomorrow. I also got some other cool ideas. Here are some hints..

Waiver draft. Protected players. End of season.

cool. sounds good to me. Can't wait to hear about this.
Back to top Go down
TomCobain
OSHL Member
TomCobain

Plus/Minus : 6

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:37 am

1) On the CAP: yes there should be some kind of cap, but I wonder if the previously discussed system, where every trade has to be approved by the 2 commish, isn't already sufficient?! I think we should use the real salary the players earn. All the data is available on capgeek.com and when you take over a team here, you are a diehard hockey fan, who can (and should) live with the salary the RL GM has negotiated (and nobody has more of a disadvantage than the guy that takes over the Rangers, poor fellow). I see this part of our league under a certain simulation aspect. What do you think?

2) Leaguedaddy is awesome and I can't thank RRhoads enough for using his hard earned bucks for this. If there is a donation thing, it should be transparent for all here.

3) Absolutely do I want to wait till mid October. I will be heavily involved in this league but when I get a new game I just have to try every mode there is on my own first.

4) Consolidation playoffs are very nice! In a previous league we played these consolidation playoffs with the AHL affiliates of our NHL teams, which turned out to be a lot of fun. So the "loosers" battle for the Calder and the "winners" for Lord Stanley.

5) Not right now. Maybe when I see, what kind of possibilities (new ones) there are in online leagues for NHL 11.

Back to top Go down
RRhoads

RRhoads

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:51 pm

leaguedaddy page is up. You need to sign up at leaguedaddy.com before you can join.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/join/?search=old+school

Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:04 pm

RRhoads wrote:
leaguedaddy page is up. You need to sign up at leaguedaddy.com before you can join.

Ok I will make this an announcement
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:05 pm

RRhoads wrote:

EDIT: password: Old School
Back to top Go down
RRhoads

RRhoads

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Here's my suggestion:

After each season we should have a waiver draft. Those who finish last, picks first. We protect a few forwards, a few defensemen, and a goalie. These players will not be on the market in the draft.

If you want to pick someone in the waiver draft, you will have to give up a player who's not protected. The team you've picked the player from will decide which player he wants from you, but you will have to give up a goalie for a goalie, forward for a forward, etc.

Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

Plus/Minus : 1

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 pm

1. i dont really like this idea personally because it gets too confusing. i think either simple trades or no trades is best to keep things fair and less hassle on the mods to be aware of the trades and salary cap.

2. sounds good

3. sounds good

4. sounds good. the only thing is maybe everyone shud make playoffs for stanley cup just to make it more interesting and it would be a full 16 teams just like the real NHL playoffs. i honestly dont care, its just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW Ideas: Please Read   NEW Ideas: Please Read Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW Ideas: Please Read
Page 1 of 1