HMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMP

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cdawg154

cdawg154

Plus/Minus : 1

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:39 pm

After a huge upset loss in the 09-10 season to the Montreal Canadiens in the second round of the playoffs, the Penguins hoped to put this aside for another great season and playoffs. They had one of the best powerplay lines which had helped them in the playoffs. With Crosby and Malkin on offence and with Gonchar on defence with his powerful shot, they were unstoppable on the powerplay. Unfortunately, Gonchar has been traded to Ottawa which will affect Pittsburgh’s future powerplay.

My prediction for the 10-11 season: Pittburgh will defeat the Ottawa Senators in the 1st round of the playoffs taking the series 4-2. They will then play the Boston Bruins winning that series 4-2. They will then face off against Ovechkin and his Washington Capitals and will take a suffering loss 4-3, losing game 7 in OT.
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:28 am

did i get pittsburgh then?
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
OSHL Commish and Forum Admin
HockeyMediaPlus

Plus/Minus : 17

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:31 am

cdawg154 wrote:
did i get pittsburgh then?

Yeah.. I thought you said that you did not want to be in the league due to your other one?
Back to top Go down
https://hmpsounds.forumotion.com
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 am

no, i still wanna be in this one, just cant be a mod
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:34 am

r we goin by month for playin games?
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:37 am

cdawg154 wrote:
r we goin by month for playin games?

We are going to do the 1st months games for each team.. If it is succesful, then we will move on to the next month.

right now, you, me, leafsfan, chitown, and a couple others have shown interest in joining.

I will probably get some more members from the GC league and I know some friends on my buddy list on PSN as well.

Eventually we will get 30 but I want to make sure that they are worthy members lol!
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 am

if we finish our season games for a month, can we move on to the next month or do we have to wait till the new month starts?
Back to top Go down
HockeyMediaPlus
HockeyMediaPlus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:08 am

cdawg154 wrote:
if we finish our season games for a month, can we move on to the next month or do we have to wait till the new month starts?

good question. What I think I am going to do is set it up so that you can start playing any games you want, as long as they are on the 82 game schedule.

However, I may limit the number of games to 20 until everyone is caught up.. Meaning I don't want some people to get too far ahead. I will make the final decision before it starts
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:05 pm

wats so bad if ppl r ahead? i dont mind being really ahead so then i can spend time on my ultimate team as well
Back to top Go down
Enceladus-strike
OSHL Member
Enceladus-strike

Plus/Minus : 5

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:30 pm

IMO I'd rather see the games go at a reasonable pace than people playing 3 months of games in the first month. There will be time for ultimate team Cool

But I'm down for whatever works really

Last edited by Enceladus-strike on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cdawg154

cdawg154

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:57 pm

so r we goin by month to do our games or just the entire season?
Back to top Go down
leafsfan54
OSHL Member
leafsfan54

Plus/Minus : 7

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 pm

cdawg154 wrote:
so r we goin by month to do our games or just the entire season?

pretty sure its gonna be by month
Back to top Go down
TomCobain
OSHL Member
TomCobain

Plus/Minus : 6

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:42 pm

(moderationmode)Guys this post is about Pittsburgh's season preview! There is a section in the League Office for that (important IMHO) discussion!(/moderationmode)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview   Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Penguins Season Preview
Page 1 of 1